A blog about books being given away for free, thanks to World Book Night. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Monday 31 January 2011

An introduction.

Hello. Not long ago, I applied to be a "giver" for World Book Night. For those of you who don't know, World Book Night is an event wherein 1 million books are going to be given away, for free. A marvelous idea, and one designed to heavily involve the public by asking people to give away 48 copies of a book of their choice from a list of 25 titles (if you want to know any more about this, there's a link to the WBN website at the top of this page). It just so happened that my favourite book of all time, Mark Haddon's wonderful The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, was on the list. I couldn't get the application off fast enough. Maybe I'll do a post soon about why I love the book. But anyway, tonight I received an email saying that I'd been selected to be a "giver" for this book, and I've made this blog to track what happens to the box of books I'll be receiving in about a month. I plan on photographing what I do with each book, and hopefully there will be a few interesting posts along the way. I also want to leave a link to this blog in any book that I hope ends up in the hands of a stranger. Maybe that's why you're reading this, who knows. Regardless of how you got here, I hope you enjoy this blog and I hope you read Curious Incident and grow to love it like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment